As voting is only possible for people living in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland, you can find the voting form only on the German version of this site.
Voting for the DEUTSCHE SPIELE PREIS takes place from May 15th to August 15th, 2023. 2023.
Everyone who is interested in games in the German language and lives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland can vote for the DEUTSCHE SPIELE PREIS. It doesn't matter if you simply want to vote for your favorite game, or if you're a critic or journalist contributing your professional opinion on games, or if you work in a game store: This award is voted for by all of you.
Games published in German between May 1st and April 30th of the following year are eligible.
1st place = 5 points
2nd place = 4 points
3rd place = 3 points
4th place = 2 points
5th place = 1 point
The best children's game = 1 point
Voting takes place online at www.spiel-essen.de/dsp
Each person can vote once for up to five best and the one best children's game.
Only votes with full name and address are valid.
Only votes from persons who have confirmed their e-mail address will be counted.
Only votes from people living in Germany, Austria or Switzerland will be counted.
Duplicate votes will be sorted out and will not be counted.
All incoming votes will be rated equally.
The DEUTSCHE SPIELE PREIS is closely followed by the entire gaming world. As a community award, the prize reflects the opinion of the gaming community. For this reason, the prize is also accompanied by the media and presented at SPIEL.
Top ten list of the DEUTSCHEN SPIELE PREIS 2022 with all outstanding titles including authors and publishers:
1. ARCHE NOVA by Mathias Wiege (Feuerland)
2. CASCADIA by Randy Flynn (Kosmos / Flatout Games / AEG)
3. DUNE IMPERIUM by Paul Dennen (Dire Wolf / Vertrieb: Asmodee)
4. LIVING FOREST by Aske Christiansen (Pegasus Spiele)
5. DIE ROTE KATHEDRALE by Sheila Santos und Israel Cendrero (Kosmos Verlag and Devir Games)
6. WITCHSTONE by Martino Chiacchiera and Dr. Reiner Knizia (R&R Games / Huch!)
7. BEYOND THE SUN by Dennis K. Chan (Strohmann Games)
8. SCOUT by Kei Kajino (Oink Games)
9. GOLEM by Flaminia Brasini, Virginio Gigli und Simone Luciani (Cranio Creations / Vertrieb: Asmodee)
10. TERRAFORMING MARS – ARES-EXPEDITION by Jacob Fryxelius, Nick Little and Sydney Engelstein (Schwerkraft Verlag)